The Sensor DDS® RMS (Remote Monitoring System) is a mid level system developed by Sensor for installation in conjunction with a fixed system. It is installed permanently into the ground below the geomembrane and uses point sensors arranged in a grid format. It also provides even more control over the integrity of the geomembrane than offline solutions.
Sensor DDS® RMS is an online system which means that technicians do not have to travel to site in order to perform testing; instead the system enables a remote connection to acquire the measured testing data remotely from our monitoring centre via the 'Sensor Cloud'.
The RMS system is equipped with a 24/7 alarm along with online connectivity as standard. In the event of a leak, the system will trigger an audio visual alarm as well as providing immediate automatic SMS and email alert to notify the client of a problem.
When an alarm is triggered, the acquired data is processed and analysed in the Sensor monitoring centre where the precise location of the leaks is calculated and a report compiled. This is transmitted back to the client within 48 hours.
The whole system consists of buried components (sensors and cables) and an above ground monitoring centre. Every single sensor is connected to the monitoring centre via its own cable for the best signal quality possible. Each panel comes with a built-in uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS); iPad integration; touch screen display; and packaged in an IP65 panel which can therefore be installed externally or internally.
Features of Remote Geomembrane Integrity Monitoring:
- Local visual and audio alarm
- 10″ HD display with system status
- 24/7 geomembrane monitoring with permanent confidence that the liner is not leaking
- Live alerts by SMS and email, to any person specified by you
- Rapid resolution of leaks
- Security against tampering by vandals/terrorists
- Warning of unauthorised system door open (providing photograph of the person)
- GPRS / 3G / Broadband connectivity
- Proactive rather than reactive
- Extends life of any installed liner
- Battery back up in case of electrical outage (up to 2 days)
- Data storage for 10 months
The main benefit of this system is its ability to save client's time and money when problem occurs as Sensor technicians don't have to visit the site and are in full control of Sensor DDS® RMS equipment remotely.